The 7th Annual Turkey 250 Preview

Posted by: Frank

The 7th Annual Turkey 250 Preview - 11/13/07 09:52 PM

For further information contact the Slot Car Club Of The Twin Tiers at: sccottt1@yahoo.com or (607) 796-4129.

11/13/07

The Race: The 7th Annual Turkey 250

When: Saturday November 24, 2007

Location: The Slot Car Club of the Twin Tiers in Horseheads, NY

The Track: The Bowman Grand Champion. 83.5', 18 turns

The Cars: Aurora Thunderjet cars prepared to Super Stock rules. Contact sccottt1@yahoo.com for complete rules.

Race History: Dave Hendrickson won the 2006 event over Frank Spena Jr., with Gary Weber and George Mest filling out the finalists. Hendrickson also won the race in 2004. Spena won the race in '01, '02, '03 and '05.

Provisional Entry List
Driver, Home Town - Entrant

Dave Hendrickson, Erin, NY - KRD Racing

Kevin Hendrickson, Erin, NY - KRD Racing

Ryan Hendrickson, Erin, NY - KRD Racing

Mark Jaczewski, North Collins, NY - Grey Area Racing

Jimmy Knuppenburg, Millport, NY - Self; KRD Racing

Ernie Langford, Holland, NY - Self

Warren Lux, Springville, NY ? Lux Racing

Matt Metcalf, Corning, NY - Mathew Metcalf Racing

George Mest, Springville, NY ? Crash?N?Burn Raceway

Scott Udave, Buffalo, NY - Self

Dave Van Duzer, Horseheads, NY - Van Duzer Hobbies

Larry "Lawrence Of Moravia" Weaver, Moravia, NY - Self

Mark Webster, Camillus, NY - Self

Mike Wulff, West Valley, NY - Team Wulff

Race Preview

The 2006 Turkey 250 was the first Major race on the Bowman Grand Champion for the Slot Car Club of the Twin Tiers. The 2007 event will be the track's first showing with its new elevation changes. These changes include rises in the beginning of the esses and toward the end of the front straight. The biggest change, however, is in the 'valley' where the slowest, tightest corner on the track now has a slight banking.

Defending champion Dave Hendrickson enters the 7th Annual Turkey 250 as the favorite. Hendrickson recently broke the track record for the class and is using the race as a tuneup for the Snowball 500 in December. His biggest challenge will come from his own sons. Ryan Hendrickson has won four T-Jet Majors in 2007 and hopes to add #5 here. Kevin Hendrickson won his first career Major in March and put in a very strong drive in the 8-Hours of Horseheads. Gary Weber has never won a Super Stock Major and hopes to turn that around here. George Mest has been tops among the Western New Yorkers and will be trying to break into the finals for the second year in a row.

SCCOTTT's Wednesday Night HO Racing Series runs every Wednesday evening with races beginning at 7 PM. Current classes are Super Stock T-Jet and X-Traction. Call or e-mail for rules.

SCCOTTT's Friday Night 1/32 Racing Series runs every Friday evening with races beginning at 7:00 PM. Current classes are World Sportscar Championship, (WSC,) GT, Non-Magnet Open and 1/24 Le Mans. Call or e-mail for rules.

The Slot Car Club Of The Twin Tiers is a non-profit group of enthusiasts dedicated to promoting slot car racing in the Southern Tier of NY and the Northern Tier of PA. Please stop in or check out the club web site.

Slot Car Club Of The Twin Tiers
2117C Grand Central Ave.
Horseheads, NY 14845
Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/sccottt1/clubmain.html
E-mail: sccottt1@yahoo.com

Re: The 7th Annual Turkey 250 Preview - 11/13/07 09:54 PM

Bob, I think Dave V. said you are going to try to make this one? smile
Posted by: wizzardAdministrator

Re: The 7th Annual Turkey 250 Preview - 11/14/07 11:21 PM

Frank,
I'm looking at it real hard. I think I can knock a second off my lap times. laugh

Re: The 7th Annual Turkey 250 Preview - 11/15/07 07:43 PM

Cool! I think the track is a little quicker as well. The tightest corner now has a little banking. I hope you make it up - if not for this one then for the Snowball 500! (Better yet, do both!) smile
Posted by: wizzardAdministrator

Re: The 7th Annual Turkey 250 Preview - 11/16/07 01:10 AM

Frank,
If I can see it without binoculars I'll be happy! laugh