Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard

Posted by: Texas Wheelman

Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/26/07 07:00 PM

Someone fishtailing through the S-es.

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/26/07 07:02 PM

The Series 1997 final track

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/26/07 07:05 PM

In a puff of smoke, the Wizzard appeared.

(Actually someone shorted out their controller)

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/26/07 07:07 PM

Me (center), John Gill (right), and the guy who likes Mustangs (left).

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/26/07 07:09 PM

Names... names... Steve? And Eric?

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/26/07 07:10 PM

Who's that? wink

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/26/07 07:12 PM

Junior Wizzard

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/26/07 07:16 PM

The guy who likes Mustangs.

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/26/07 07:21 PM

Can't remember her name either.

Posted by: wizzardAdministrator

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/27/07 01:53 PM

John,
How come everyone looks like you took mug shots?

Pic 1- Continuous rail Tomy track. The track was ruined in a rain storm at a latter date by its owner at the time.

Pic 3- A rookie from Pittsburgh melted a Parma Turbo. The smoke was real!

Pic 4- John Teevan, ("T"), John B., John Gill. I still talk with T and JG every once in a while. laugh

Pic 5- L- Victor, R- Steve.

Pic 6- The Mrs.

Pic 7- The kid.

Pic 8- "T" making a mess.

Pic 9- Sue

How the heck are you dude? laugh

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/27/07 11:14 PM

I don't know why they look like mug shots. Pre-race jitters?

I've been good. Been in Texas about 10 years now, with some side trips to Oklahoma and Florida. I sold most of my slot car stuff after that race, and then about 2 years ago I donated the rest of it to a hobby shop in Zephyrhills, FL. I still have a 440X2 with an RX-7 ABS body that I built way back when. I can't remember exactly how I equipped it, but it's got some kind of strong magnets and a hard-running armature. I think it did 32mph on John Gill's speedometer.

My girlfriend and I were watching America's Funniest Home Videos, and some dude was running HO slots in his house and a car left the track and hit him...uh... just below the waist. I thought to myself "Wow, I had a lot of fun racing HO slots and collecting the cars and trucks. I should get into it again."

So here I am. What's the nearest Wizzard retailer to me? There are Neil's Wheels and Dixon Motor Speedway. Neil's is a bit closer. I don't know if either of them are retailers though.
Posted by: c-racer

Re: Blast from the past: "The Series" final race in Bedford PA hosted by the Wizzard - 12/28/07 07:25 AM

Looks like the Black Oak.

Wheelman,
Cool pics. If you are in Fl again, let us know. We will hook you up!

C