Posted by: Anonymous

#42 Texaco - 02/16/05 01:15 PM

Posted by: Montoya1

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/01/06 03:12 PM

Utterly Stunning!
Where did you get it?

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/01/06 03:26 PM

I did all the cars posted by me. I have a little side business building, painting, etc. I do just about everything from T-Jets to Neos, lexab to hard body.

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/01/06 03:31 PM

What I need is a couple of Nascars for the P3E, maybe Tony Stewart's car from this year and the Cat Camry from next year.

I'd need them by either April 9th or June 24th (next two races at my club)

Do you make the bodies or just paint em? I gotta say I haven't seen anything as dramatic as your stuff, they look like they are doing 300mph when stationary!!

dw@eahorc.com

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/01/06 03:48 PM

Thanks for the kind words.

I have done some #20 cars as Tony is my favorite driver but the Plattos decals I use are very difficult, try my patience and I would like to avoid them if possible. It takes me 3 sets to do one car as they tear easily. If you know of another source and can get them to me I can do the bodies.

I think there is another body painter HoleShot I believe who does bodies with the latest decals. His stuff is good but I don't know where he gets the decals.

Wish I could help you out but decals are the thing and seems those who know keep it close to the vest.

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/01/06 04:00 PM

So are there any current nascars you could tackle?

I like most of the colour schemes, but I agree the decals are the thing. Have you tried Fandango racing? He does not sell to the public as such but he might sell to another 'builder'.

dw

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/01/06 04:26 PM

I have the typical decals everyone else can get.

Although I can see Toyota going for a Panasonic or NDenso scheme. Wonder who will sponsor Toyota in Cup?

WOnder how the Toyota drivers will be greeted next year at Daytona at intros.

I'll try Fandango.

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/01/06 05:04 PM

So you are saying some cars are harder to do than others? I'll go with your judgement then.

Do you know the Fandango website address?

Toyota's plans for 2007 are well known, you musta been sleeping!!

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/01/06 05:15 PM

I posted those pictures quite a while ago. It caused quite a stir but knowing Toyota, yes it was a given.

My difficulty with the Plattos water slides is they break. If I can get another thicker and more user friendly waterslide of the newer sponsors should not be a problem. I did up a Home Depot for our last race using Plattos and if I take a picture of it will post. But you didn't want to be around me as I tried applying the decals.

I emailed Fandango. I've done some Fray stuff with him in the past so was aware of him. Site is apparently going through a rebuild.
Posted by: HOHOHO

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/01/06 06:14 PM

"My difficulty with the Plattos water slides is they break"

That's my biggest issue with Patto's as well. I've tried the old 1/24-1/25 model trick of adding clear coat to hold them together.
Worked well enough that I'd do it again if I needed to. Not something I'd want to have to do all the time though.

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/02/06 04:23 AM

Our guys find the same problem with Pattos stuff. But clearly people get around it or find other sources (which they keep quite about).

I'll look into it. Incidentally check out http://www.indycals.com/Decals/index.html - anything the guy makes there can be done in HO, and the quality is stunning.

Sorry about the earlier double post by the way!

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/02/06 05:32 PM

Hi,

I have been tipped off that these guys do any scale desired and pretty much any color scheme:

http://sites.nexusisp.com/lgsmirle/3amigos.htm#yy003

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/02/06 05:33 PM

another place to check:

http://www.geocities.com/sam01contact/

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/03/06 09:30 AM

Thanks!

No reply from Fandango.

Re: #42 Texaco - 03/04/06 05:54 PM

I have some decals that might be the ticket.
If you give me an address to send them to, I'll get them off to ya on Monday.

Email me at dw@bglawns.com